Design and Build
We combine art, science, and passion to produce expertly crafted software products delivered on budget and on time…with no surprises.
Defining your product is critical to building great software – software that both you and your customers love.
Our team works with you to align with your business goals, user needs, and determine the infrastructure, tools, and training necessary to accelerate your product’s time-to-market.
CAST THE VISION
The vision lays the foundation of the overall product strategy and how it supports your business objectives. This means clearly understanding your product goals, success metrics, and your targeted end-user. Together, we identify the key assumptions and big picture objectives for all stakeholders.
Key steps include:
- Defining the product – position the product within the competitive landscape and determine minimum viable product (MVP) for initial release.
- Understanding your customer – We talk to your customers to validate what features provide the most value and benefits to the end-user.
MAKE A ROADMAP
The roadmap helps determine the correct path from vision to functioning product by identifying the right technologies and platforms and the system/data dependencies. Special attention is paid to balancing cost, functionality, and schedule to determine the overall sequencing and timing for development of product features.
- Product Architecture – create data models and systems architecture diagrams that show the relationships between systems, data sources, and functions.
- High-Level Product Design – design the information architecture and workflows that illustrate how to meet users’ needs and deliver a compelling user experience.
- Product Roadmap – provide a product release plan that captures architecture and design activities, assumptions, and cost/functionality/schedule priorities.
- Technology Platform Recommendation – It’s important that the right technologies and tools are selected to maximize development productivity, product performance, and flexibility.
Software Product Design
Combining art and science to amaze your end-user
UI designers work alongside engineers to blend form and function that creates product experiences that look good, feel right and are technically sound.
User stories capture the functionality that’s most important for your project. This allows us to consistently develop interactions and workflows that are easy-to-use and do exactly what your users expect from your product.
Interaction design is rarely noticed, but great interaction and workflow is paramount to successful user adoption. Good interaction should bridge the gap between your products logic and the front-end visuals.
The most conspicuous part of your application’s experience should be carefully crafted down to the pixel. We obsess over the smallest details while keeping the big picture in mind, delivering an appealing experience.
Modern applications need to be fast and fluid across all platforms. We’ll define the specifications for each experience, pulling together the highest visual quality without hindering performance.
Software Product Development
“Exceptional software done right”
From web and mobile applications to powerful desktop software and embedded systems, Synergy is here to help.
Our team is flexible, focused on your needs, and ruthlessly efficient when it comes to your timeline and budget.
Here’s how it works:
Set up phase – Project setup is a one-time effort focused on establishing critical success factors. Our setup practices are based on our experiences getting software products to market. We continue to fine tune these practices based on lessons learned during each project.
Execution Phase – this phase is iterative, comprised of a series of short sprints monitored by daily stand-up calls between our team and your product owner. Each sprint culminates in a demo, which is released into the client’s QA or staging environment.
- This gives you flexible scheduling of functionality in response to changing business needs or project goals.
- Take advantage of new information and seize business opportunities, rather than freezing a plan to inadequate, incomplete specifications.
- Since we build project teams based on skills, we’re well-equipped to handle changing needs.
Short Development Cycles
- You should see a new release every one to two weeks once we get started.
- You have the opportunity to provide feedback early-on and at regular intervals.
Prototyping reduces implementation risks for larger projects that demand a major investment into technology research.
This research is commonly conducted through a rapid discovery, design, and prototyping cycle. As a result, you’re able to get a better understanding of any associated risks and recommendations on how to address them. You may even avoid engaging in software projects that are too risky.
The benefits of prototyping include:
- Increased understanding of requirements early on by all parties.
- Early user feedback and higher adoption.
- Costs of high-risk requirements are confined to a smaller limited engagement.
We start with an assessment that identifies the following:
- Project assumptions and dependencies
- Architecture and technology constraints
- Performance risks
- Integration risks
- Time & budget for implementation